AUTHOR: Francis Martin and William M. Wright IV
PUBLISHER: Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, 2015, (368 pages).
- Rather than technicalities of the texts, it focuses on the "meaning of the text for faith and life"
- The Interpretation includes perspectives from Protestants and Orthodox groups
- Though the main translation is the New American Bible, there are frequent comparisons to other translations like NRSV, JB, and NIV.
- Special sidebars containing biblical background (historical, literary, theological, tradition, miscellaneous writings) information
- Relating Scripture to Catholic doctrine
- John being a special bridge to the other gospel writers as well as the three Johannine letters and Revelation.