AUTHOR: Les and Leslie Parrott
PUBLISHER: Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2017, (272 pages).
- Opening Thought
- Passage from the Bible
- Reading and Discussion
- Spiritual Intimacy Exercises
- A Story or Testimony Illustration
- Learning to improve listening skills
- Supporting one another in activities that meet one another's deepest spiritual needs
- Learning to use tears to relieve stress
- Tackling fear and the need for affirmation
- Listening with the third ear
- Praying as a primary discipline
- Managing anger
- Willingly going the extra mile
- Clarifying what romance means for each person
- Recognizing the need to belong
- Incorporating Church into marital relationships
- How words can hurt/heal
- Humility in love
- The question that could change marriages
- .. and many more
This book is a collection of wise teachings about how we can improve and save our marriages. The contributors include Dan & Rebecca Allender; Keith & Charleen Anderson; Jeff & Alyssa Bethke; Pat & Shirley Boone; Stuart & Jill Briscoe; Gary & Carolyn Chapman; Chap & Dee Clark; Jeff & Shaunti Feldhahn; John & Nancy Ortberg; Gary & Lisa Thomas, and many more. With 52 chapters, one could even adopt a one chapter a week and cover the book in one year together!
I appreciate the wisdom behind many of the things shared. This devotional is definitely one that could bless all marriages both new and old. It brings together a lot of teachings and experiences that have been guided by the Word of God. Christian couples would benefit greatly.
Rating: 5 stars of 5.
This book has been provided courtesy of Zondervan and NetGalley without requiring a positive review. All opinions offered above are mine unless otherwise stated or implied.